Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tacoma & Portland

Intense. Remorse.


is what I felt upon the discovery that, while on the Tota Family Vacation in the Pacific Northwest States, I completely forgot to bring the cable that connects my camera to the laptop. So despite the 2,386 photographs I snapped of inspirational colors (public rose gardens), textures (Japanese landscaping) and of course foods (goes without saying), I have exactly this many to share:

0.

It kinda makes me feel like this:

Salvador Dali's "Remorse, or Sphinx Embedded in the Sand"

Or this:

Adolphe Bourguereau's "The Remorse of Orestes, or Orestes Pursued by the Furies"
Or this: 

My boy Homer.



Bugger!

That won't stop me from describing to you the amazing tuna fish sandwich I had at Over the Moon Cafe in Tacoma, WA yesterday, en route to Portland. I know, it's a tuna fish sandwich, how amazing could it possibly be? The answer is VERY. Lightly seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, kalamata olives and herbs, and served with a side of sun dried tomato and olive penne salad, the sandwich was incredibly light and intensely flavorful despite its modest dressing -- such a welcome far cry from the normal grease-ball diner or fast food on which we tend to chow down when we are road-tripping. I'd even go so far as to say it is hands down the best tuna fish sandwich I have ever consumed. Don Tota (a.k.a. my dad) ordered a grilled salmon salad which I sampled, and which he and I agreed was also to die for. Eating good fish is such a welcome indication of where we are. I can't wait to sample the REAL bounty of the Pac NW soon!

Props to the Yelp mobile app for helping us discover Over the Moon in the 20 minute drive from SeaTac to downtown Tacoma.

Tomorrow, I will come with photographs...by any means necessary...

No comments:

Post a Comment